Please read this entire page on fitness benefits !
Physical Fitness: Is a general state of health and well-being, and having the ability to perform a specific activity effectively with reasonable efficiency.
Everyone is aware that personal fitness and physical well-being are intimately linked to longevity and the quality of one's life. Your physical well-being is also linked to your work performance and the joy you find in your family life. Along with a healthy diet, a regular fitness program can be the answer to: How can I lose weight? Weight management is one of many fitness benefits of a active lifestyle.
There are many fitness benefits from regular exercise and activity. Physical Activity should be an important part of your day to day routine keeping you fit and giving you that Ageless feeling.
Physical Activity is for Everyone
Virtually everyone can get health benefits from activity. But every few years, surveys confirm the fact that most people are not getting enough physical activity. The American Heart Association attributes about 250,000 deaths a year in the US - about 12 percent of total deaths - to lack of regular physical activity.
Here are just a few fitness benefits, broken down into fitness categories.
-Reduction in blood pressure
-Decreased total cholesterol
-Increase in HDL cholesterol ( that's the good stuff )
-Decrease in body fat stores
-Increased heart function
-Decrease in type 2 Diabetes
-Decrease resting heart rate
-Increased muscle fiber size
-Increase in bone strength
-Increased Physical Capacity
-Enhanced body composition ( the way we look )
-Reduction in the risk of skeletal injury
* Fact: UNLESS WE PERFORM REGULAR STRENGTH EXERCISE, WE LOSE MORE THAN ONE-HALF POUND OF MUSCLE EVERY YEAR OF LIFE AFTER THE AGE OF 25. An important fitness benefit of strength training is that it slows this process down.
-Enhanced muscular relaxation
-Improved range of motion within joints
-Improved muscular balance
-Enhanced speed of movement
-Improved performance of certain sports related activities
-Decrease the chance of injury during activity
These are just a few of the many benefits of fitness, all categories contributing to a reduction in stress, the decreased risk of certain diseases and simply looking and feeling better.
Here are some of the consequences of a poor diet and lack of exercise. This is not opinion, pure fact! the following health issues may be avoided with regular exercise.
* High Blood Pressure: Unhealthy eating habits with high fat content and an inactive lifestyle can lead to hardening of your blood vessels (arteriosclerosis). In turn, this can lead to multiple health implications, including but not limited to high blood pressure (hypertension), heart attack, and coronary diseases.
* Depression: Discontent with your body image fuelled by the constant fatigue from a sedentary lifestyle is a recipe for depression. This only acts as a further deterrent from taking that first step to healthy living and escaping that vicious cycle.
* Stroke, Heart Disease, Obesity: The statistics are out there, need I say more? It`s time to change and get fit.
* Premature Death: Startling news! According to a growing number research bodies, this will be the first generation where the life expectancy of children is projected to be less than that of their parents. The brunt of the fault lies in sedentary lifestyles and improper dieting and their adverse consequences on health.
* Osteoporosis: A disease that results in the reduction of bone mineral density that increases the risk of bone fracture. Osteoporosis is more likely with age and more probable to affect women after menopause. With the ability to affect the entire body, osteoporosis can be debilitating on your way of life. A diet rich in calcium and vitamin D, supplemented by regular exercise, has been shown to build bone density and limit the development of osteoporosis.
* Adult Onset Diabetes: Clinically recognized as Type II Diabetes, this is the most prevalent form of diabetes (about 90% of those diagnosed with diabetes) and typically affects people over 45. Individuals with Type II Diabetes have become unresponsive to the insulin produced their bodies. As a result, they are unable to regulate their blood glucose levels and must rely on regular insulin injections instead. A regular exercise plan and healthy eating can control the emergence of this type of diabetes.
Diabetes and Related Health Issues
Need to understand diabetes and diabetes problems? Then visit Jennifer Kirkman's website for information.
For some great Health and Fitness Articles please visit my friends at "Answer my Health Question". A strong source of health related articles and information!
Fitness benefits: ACE: Exercise May Keep Alzheimer's at Bay
Exercise not only helps keep you young, research shows that it may ward off one of the most dreaded diseases of the old - Alzheimer's. One fitness benefit that affects many lives.
The study compared the exercise habits of 126 elderly patients with Alzheimer's and 315 healthy older adults.
Researchers were particularly interested in the subjects' exercise habits between the ages of 20 and 59.
''The healthy individuals reported significantly more physical activity over the four decades than those with Alzheimer's disease,'' said Dr. Arthur L. Smith, a clinical research fellow at the University Hospitals of Cleveland/Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio.
''The results suggest that lifelong regular exercise may be protective against the development of Alzheimer's disease.''
Running, swimming, tennis, weight training, biking and golf were among the activities favored by those who demonstrated a lower risk for developing Alzheimer's.
According to Smith and his associates, about four million Americans are believed to be affected by Alzheimer's disease, a number that will likely double by 2030.
In addition to exercise, previous studies suggest that individuals who possess intellectually demanding occupations and higher levels of education and social activity are at a reduced risk for developing Alzheimer's.
Source: American Academy of Neurology, 50th annual meeting, Minneapolis, Minn., April 28, 1998
Still think Fitness is not worth it? take a look at the video below.
Visit Holistic Healing Central for tips on using holistic medicine for emotional and physical fitness!
Holistic Healing Central also provides a one to one holistic coach service as well as health and personal development articles teaching you how to transform your life for yourself!
|Good Health --- Is that something you want...?|
Boot Camp Fitness Program
If you want a jumpstart to get in shape, need a few days to de-stress, or simply want to trim your waistline then Fitness Retreat is the place for you.
Holistic Health - Garden Route & Klein Karoo (South Africa) attempts to incorporate all holistic health practitioners and provide information about discovering and exploring all aspects of living a vibrant, healthy life with integrity of body and harmony of mind. The site provides an online shopping facility, information on practitioners, retreats & spas, exercise facilities, readings, health tips and a lot more.
New Treatment For Diabetes Types Treat Diabetes by Combining Bioenergetics and E Treatment with Allopathic Care And Get Better Results in Diabetes and Diabetes Complications. Also called Energy Treatment, it opens New Doors for Treating Diabetes Types.
Do you have a personal story about the benefits of exercise and how it may have changed your life or a loved one? If you think your story can motivate just one person to better health, please post it here. I thank you!
"A man on a mission to change the way people attack their fitness goals" S.C.
" Mike has changed the way our entire family views health and fitness. He is hands on and leads by example "
"By far the best fitness instructor/motivator I have ever worked with. His class is meticulously planned, extremely fast-paced and very thorough" Juli
Mike's "Spin your A$$ off class" gives u a 45 minute taste of Kona!! Awesome workout, I got a fantastic ride and left behind lots of calories! T.D.