Beginning to Exercise does not have to be difficult
This weeks fitness tip is about beginning an exercise program. Anyone can start an exercise program, the key is to start one that you can stick with. First check with your Doctor to be sure it is safe for you to begin an exercise program. A Personal Trainer can also assess your current condition and let you know if a doctors approval is warranted.
Here are some Tips:
1. Make an exercise plan. This plan should include - Frequency, Time, Duration, Location, and Type. Set aside a certain time of the day that will be used just for fitness with no interruptions.
2. Find a workout partner. This will help you stay on track. Find someone else who is thinking about "beginning to exercise" and set some goals together.
3. Review your progress regularly. Monitor your weight, body fat percentage and resting heart rate. Start with some benchmark testing such as max push up or pull up test. Visit Adults fitness testing, for more ideas on benchmark testing.
4. Never over due it. This is a big reason why many do not continue with an exercise program. Start off slow, and add intensity slowly over time.
5. Set attainable short term fitness goals. Be realistic, if the goal is to lose 20 lbs do not expect that result in a week. That is no realist nor is it safe. Write down your goals, and refer to it often to keep yourself on track. Reward yourself for reaching short term goals. (If you lose 2 dress sizes in 2 months, go buy that dress you have had your eye on!)
6. Most importantly find an exercise plan that is fun. If you like to bike or swim, make sure that is part of your routine. Whatever your exercise interests are be sure to include, strength, resistance, and flexibility training.
7. Stick with it: Beginning to exercise, should not be a short term fad but more of a lifestyle. Yes workouts get overlooked on occasion simply due to our busy schedules but if they become more of a priority you will miss less. Use variety to keep it interesting. Like to run? try a new route, trail run enter a 5k race. Anything it takes to stay on track.
Click here for more Fitness Tips.
Need some more encouragement? Take a look at the video below. I stumbled upon this guy who was simply sharing his own experiences to help others. He is not selling a thing, just simply sharing.
Do you have a comment about this? Share it!
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
Benefits of Exercising Regularly Not rated yet
There are many people who think that exercise is a waste of time especially those who want to lose weight but don’t want to exert any physical effort. …
You win... Not rated yet
Coach you win, As a late 20s over weight female I read your article 2 months ago. No fancy diets or videos, just a few good steps to follow. I am down …
"A man on a mission to change the way people attack their fitness goals" S.C.
" Mike has changed the way our entire family views health and fitness. He is hands on and leads by example "
"By far the best fitness instructor/motivator I have ever worked with. His class is meticulously planned, extremely fast-paced and very thorough" Juli
Mike's "Spin your A$$ off class" gives u a 45 minute taste of Kona!! Awesome workout, I got a fantastic ride and left behind lots of calories! T.D.
Weekly Fitness Tips|