6 Easy Exercise Tips that Don’t Need Any Equipment
by Alesha Wilson
The world encourages people to engage in various forms of exercise. There’s the Olympics, which is a congregation of countries competing professionally in various sporting events. You don’t have to be an international athlete just to get in good shape. You only need to add some exercise in your daily routine. Here are some fail-safe exercises that won’t be hard to incorporate in your schedule:
1. Running. You don’t have to be following a trail or riding a treadmill to run. If you have a pet, let it loose on the park and run after it. Or better yet, run around the block after work before getting home.
2. Walking. All you have to do is refrain from using the elevator. If your office floor is too high, just get down a few floors below and hit the stairs up to where you need to be. The upward slope of the stairs helps strengthen your muscles. This is also good cardiovascular exercise.
3. Stretching. This is one exercise that you can do any time of the day. Even while you are in the office working, take your break and stretch in your seat. Or better yet, stand up and stretch even your legs to enhance your flexibility. This also helps prevent knots in your muscles that are painful.
4. Sit-ups. Before sleeping, position yourself in bed so that you will have plenty of space to sit up. You can ask someone to help you, or you can do it alone with a little more concentration. Exercising at night is good so that your body will easily get to sleep after feeling exhausted. It works for insomniacs too.
5. Push-ups. Every morning, you could do your push-ups before getting out of bed. Simply roll over to your front and raise your arms and legs. Do as many push-ups as you can before hitting the shower.
6. Lifting. You don’t need those heavy lifting equipment just to tone your arm muscles. Use your ingenuity and lift the heavy boxes in the office or those at home that need to be stored. You could also take bags to the groceries so that instead of hugging them, you can carry them each on your arms. Lift them up occasionally as if you are using weights.